Do you have experience managing an application from the infrastructure side up to the functional application side? And was that application a big data application? Do you know what a deployment pipeline is? Are you a skilled communicator with team lead ambitions? Then this job opening is what you are looking for!
We need your expertise
We manage a Splunk data platforms, including data connectors and dashboards, from the operating system layer (Linux) up to the application layer for one of our enterprise customers. The environment is set up as high availability and disaster recovery, in a clustered set-up consisting of 135 servers, 1,5 TB data per day, 200+ data connectors, 3000+ dashboards, and 500+ users. We use Puppet to manage the environment, as well as smart monitoring and a BitBucket deployment pipeline.
- On a day to day basis you monitor the monitoring, ensuring that the environment is up, running, and performing well. You do this with the support team, consisting of two to four technical engineers, that you manage
- If incidents occur, you take the lead in getting to the root cause as soon as possible, in order to solve the incident with as little impact on end users as possible
- You and your team are responsible for building, deploying, maintaining and optimizing the infrastructure and application layers plus the data connectors; to include life cycle management during release weekends, regular updates, upgrades during the week, or project-based enhancements
At Itility we merge technology and data to go one step beyond for our customers. We are a consultancy team with data experts, cloud experts, and IT professionals, working for large enterprises and innovative startups.
Our culture can be described as ‘no-nonsense, with passion’. Working at Itility is about working with people, staying close to our customers.
We twin up with our customers to shape their digital solutions. We are shapers. Delivering, running environments seamlessly, automated to the max. With an eye on the next challenge, the next innovation.
Do you like to go above and beyond? Do you want to work with passion for what you do, in a team of people fueled by the same passion?
Then we would like to meet you.
This is what we offer
You will be given the opportunity to develop in the best way possible, under the personal guidance of a senior engineer or architect. In addition to a competitive salary, you will receive extras such as:
- Training at the two-year Itility Academy and external customised courses
- Additional performance-based variable payment
- 26 vacation days per year
- Expense allowance
- Laptop, telephone, and a company car or car allowance
You believe in
At a minimum, you are a technical application manager with a couple of years working experience. Ideally, you have worked with data platforms from a technical point of view within an enterprise environment.
- You have at least two years of experience with technical application management
- Experience with Linux is a must
- You have a good understanding of SQL
- Working knowledge of Puppet is a nice-to-have
- You have team lead ambitions
- You are a team player and you have excellent communication skills
Screening is part of the hiring procedure.
Eindhoven area or Randstad area.