Do you have an interest in data warehouse design? Then this job opening might be what you are looking for.
We need your expertise
You work in a DevOps team (consisting of data engineers, other data warehouse engineers, and platform engineers) that are building and managing data warehouses.
As data warehouse engineer you are responsible for enabling data warehouse use cases. You work closely with the business intelligence engineers and data scientists who are using this data to create analytical models.
- Analyze all data from sources and develop logical models for various business intelligence sources
- Design the business’s database and table schemas for new and existing data sources for the new data warehouse
- Create the ETL to facilitate the accommodation of data into the warehouse
- Manage data quality and data definitions around all data that you touch
- Work side-by-side with software engineers and data scientists in designing modelled data sets to be used in many different applications, from proof-of-concept to production
- Understand the entire lifecycle of data that flows through any systems for which you are responsible
- Provide constant attention and effort to the reliability of your pipelines
At Itility we merge technology and data to go one step beyond for our customers. We are a consultancy team with data experts, cloud experts, and IT professionals, working for large enterprises and innovative startups.
Our culture can be described as ‘no-nonsense, with passion’. Working at Itility is about working with people, staying close to our customers.
We twin up with our customers to shape their digital solutions. We are shapers. Delivering, running environments seamlessly, automated to the max. With an eye on the next challenge, the next innovation.
Do you like to go above and beyond? Do you want to work with passion for what you do, in a team of people fueled by the same passion?
Then we would like to meet you.
This is what we offer
You will be given the opportunity to develop in the best way possible, under the personal guidance of a senior architect and/or product owner.
In addition to a competitive salary, you will receive extras such as:
- Training at the two-year Itility Academy and external customized courses
- Additional performance-based variable payment
- 26 vacation days per year
- Expense allowance
- Laptop, telephone, and a company car or car allowance
You believe in
You have practical experience as a part of a DevOps team. Further requirements:
- A Bachelor of Science/master’s degree in Computer Science, System Administration, or any other IT infrastructure or software study related to the automation side of IT infrastructure
- A minimum of two to three years of relevant work experience
- Experience building and operating large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data warehouse systems and in creating data models for reporting
- Experience with data warehouses running in de cloud (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google)
- Experience building data products incrementally, as well as integrating and managing data sets from multiple sources
- Data quality-oriented
- Knowledge of continuous integration and delivery tooling: e.g. Jira, Git, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good documenting capabilities
You have a hands-on mindset, a strong customer and problem-solving orientation, show fast results and have demonstrated good communication skills; especially at an international IT organization. To achieve the project goals, you are able to communicate directly with all stakeholders. You have a clear focus on results and quality.
Screening is part of the hiring procedure.
Eindhoven area or Randstad area.