EDA/CAD Design Environment Engineer
Are you challenged by driving design environment improvements and are you able to translate these into an application roadmap? Than this vacancy might be what you are looking for.
What you will do
You work in a DevOps team together with other designers and IT engineers to enhance EDA/CAD flows for digital, analog and mixed-signal designs. You use your design tool and infrastructure experience to drive improvements in cutting-edge EDA/CAD design environments.
As a Design Environment engineer, you are responsible to design, deploy, support and scale components like LSF, Univa Grid, Exceed TurboX, Docker, including various EDA/CAD tools running in the cloud. Managing and defining these components into code is also part of the job.
- Continuously improve Design Environments, define the future roadmap and help implementing this
- Define improvements that drive towards a higher productivity and consistency for end-users
- Design, deploy, and scale Design Environments (job scheduling, remote display and design tools)
- Provide support to end-users and troubleshoot, debug and install new EDA/CAD tools and features, license servers, job queues etc.
- Support design teams with flow definition and automation
- Maintain source control repositories, regression flows and database management
- Participate in analysis and optimization of license usage
- Work in a DevOps team to specify and support scalable EDA/CAD infrastructures in the cloud, based on infra-as-code (AWS CloudFormation, Azure ARM, CI/CD)
This is Itility
At Itility, top professionals work together to deliver digital solutions for enterprise customers in the area of data analytics, software, IT and IoT. In multidisciplinary teams, we always combine different areas of knowledge and competencies, so that we can work faster and more efficiently at all levels.
We partner with our customers and learn from each other every day. Based on our vision, we start with building blocks to then use IT in a fully flexible manner.
And we do it well, because our customer portfolio and team continue to grow. We are committed to the use of new technologies and innovative ideas.
As recognition of our work, in 2014 we won the Timmies Award for The Most Innovative Leader.
Our lines of communication are short and we act quickly.
This is what we offer
You will be given the opportunity to develop in the best way possible, under the personal guidance of an Architect or Project Leader.
In addition to a competitive salary, you will receive extras such as:
- training at the 2-year Itility Academy and external customized courses
- additional performance-based variable pay
- 26 days’ vacation time
- expense allowance
- car, laptop and telephone
Who are you?
You are well acquainted with EDA/CAD design environments and tools. In addition, you have practical experience of being part of a DevOps team. Other skills you and characteristics you will need in this job are:
- Bachelor of science / Master degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with a passion for electrical, mechanical, IT design
- Experience supporting EDA/CAD tools from Vendors such as Synopsys, Cadence and Mentor
- Experience with Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure), High Performance Computing and Job Schedulers (LSF, Univa Grid or equivalent)
- Hands-on experience with scripting languages (Bash, Python, Perl, Tcl)
- Knowledge of electronic design basics
- Knowledge of configuration management tooling: e.g. Puppet, Ansible
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, energetic teammate ready to work within an agile environment
You have a hands-on mindset, a strong customer- and problem solving orientation, like to pick up new things and show results fast. Contact us if you have the desire to really make a difference in a successful and rapidly growing organization.
Screening could be part of the procedure.