For one of her enterprise customers, Itility is responsible for setting up a continuous delivery platform, including a DevPipeline, and DTAP street. In addition, Puppet will be used to bring servers and applications into desired state.
Candidate is well acquainted with software techniques and DevOps. Further requirements on candidate:
- Bachelor of science / Master degree
- Minimal 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with continuous integration & delivery: BitBucket, Jenkins
- Experience with automated deployment & testing: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Experience with caching (Memcache, CDN’s, Redis), monitoring (Sensu, Munin, Kibana, Logstash, Splunk), databases (SQL, NoSQL, MySQL)
- Coding knowledge (Python, NodeJS, AngularJS) and knowledge of software design techniques (UML, OO)
- Affinity with cloud solutions such as Azure, AWS, OpenStack
- Linux background
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good documenting capabilities
The candidate has a hands-on mindset, a strong customer- and problem solving orientation, shows fast results, and has demonstrated good communication skills, especially in an international IT organization. To achieve the project goals the candidate is able to liaise directly with all stakeholders. The candidate has a clear focus on results and quality.
- Connect to various building blocks via API’s
- Build micro services
- Build Puppet modules
- Automate testing using Beaker
- Set up DTAP street and install the Itility DevPipeline
- Build data connectors and integrate data into solutions
- Daily/weekly update calls with the enterprise architect and project lead
Reports to the Itility program manager (based in the Netherlands, via calls, skype), works in close harmony with team members and has interfaces with the standing IT organization.
Location of work
Primarily based out of San Jose (CA) and San Diego (CA).