Full Stack Systems engineer
For one of her enterprise customers, Itility is responsible for a project to migrate a number of applications to infrastructure in a new datacenter. This new IT production environment is based on a FlexPod design (Cisco) and includes Cisco UCS, Netapp storage and VMware virtualization. In this phase Itility is searching for an engineer supporting the migration by migrating servers, storage and databases to the new environment.
After an inventory phase of an application, all found servers, storage, network and database configurations will be transferred to the new solution. We use a strict step-by-step plan (factory plan) to efficiently execute the migration.
- Bachelor of science / Master degree
- Minimal 3-5 years of relevant work experience within an enterprise environment
- Advanced knowledge of RHEL 6 & 7
- Advanced knowledge of VMWare 5 & 6; VCAP5-DCD, VCDX5-DCV preferred
- Experience with Cisco UCS manager and NetApp FAS storage solutions
- Experience with databases (MSSQL, Oracle) preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good documenting capabilities (to be proven by set of reference documents)
- Work in shifts outside office hours (evening & weekend day-time)
- Intake / analysis of applications for migration
- Creation or update of migration run books
- Migration of VMware instances to the new platform
- Creation of storage disks, virtual storage devices
- Reconfiguration of servers, including storage & network
Reports to the Itility project manager, works in close harmony with team members and has interfaces with the standing IT organization.
Location of work
Primarily based out of San Jose (CA) and San Diego (CA).