IT Project leader
Infrastructure projects such as building converged infrastructure (i.a. FlexPods), migration projects for workplace or applications and implementation projects for automated processes can all be part of this role. Based on the requirements of our customers in the US, we take on projects that have an innovative character both at large enterprises as well as for Silicon Valley start-ups.
Candidate is well acquainted with IT infrastructure in a broad sense and with migration methodologies in particular. Further requirements on candidate:
- Bachelor of science / Master degree
- Minimal 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with setting-up test scenarios, test plans, use cases, and test reporting
- Basic IT Infrastructure and application knowledge: understands generic IT (LAN, WAN, Workplace) and back-end IT (e.g. UNIX, LINUX, Storage, Oracle, Microsoft solutions, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good documenting capabilities
The candidate has a hands-on mindset, a strong customer- and problem-solving orientation, shows fast results, and has demonstrated good communication skills, especially in an international IT organization. To achieve the project goals, the candidate is able to liaise directly with all stakeholders. The candidate has a clear focus on results and quality, and is eager to develop quickly as a project leader, serving customers mainly in the US West coast (San Jose, San Diego).
- Able to quickly develop typical PL deliverables
- Intake / analysis of applications for migration
- Creation of a migration runbook together with engineer
- Creation and execution of an integration test plan for the delivered services
- Daily planning of work, tracking progress, reporting
- Preparing and chairing project meetings and steering team meetings
- Daily/weekly update calls with management (in US or NL)
- Travel might be required to customers in the US, or to HQ in the Netherlands
Reports to Senior Regional Director or the Itility program manager (based in the Netherlands, via calls, Skype), works in close harmony with team members and has interfaces with the standing IT organization.
Location of work
Primarily based out of San Jose (CA) or San Diego (CA).