Data science projects such as analyzing SW build duration, improving business processes, and other use cases directly benefiting the business of high-tech companies and implementation projects for big data platforms can all be part of this role as scrum master. Based on the requirements of our customers in the US, we take on projects that have an innovative character both at large enterprises as well as for Silicon Valley start-ups.
Candidate is well acquainted with IT in a broad sense, preferably data platforms/engineering and with agile/scrum methodologies in particular. Further requirements on candidate:
- Bachelor of science/Master degree
- Minimal 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Extensive knowledge of Atlassian suite, Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint
- Experience with setting-up agile teams, impediment removing and reporting
- Basic IT Infrastructure and application knowledge: understands generic IT
- Knowledge of data platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Splunk, Cloudera) and data engineering is a pre
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good documenting capabilities
- Willing to travel to Netherlands for training
The candidate has a hands-on mindset, a strong customer and problem solving orientation, shows fast results, and has demonstrated good communication skills, especially in an international IT organization. To achieve the project goals, the candidate is able to liaise directly with all stakeholders. The candidate has a clear focus on results and quality, and is eager to develop quickly as a project leader, serving customers mainly in the US West coast (San Diego and San Jose).
- Able to quickly develop typical Scrum deliverables
- Intake/analysis of use cases for the team
- Daily planning of work, tracking progress, reporting, and impediment removal
- Preparing and chairing both typical Scrum meetings and steering team meetings with senior management
- Daily/weekly update calls with management (in US or NL)
Reports to Managing Director USA or the Itility program manager (based in the Netherlands, via calls, Skype), works in close harmony with team members and has interfaces with the standing IT organization.
Location of work
Primarily based out of San Diego (CA), travel to San Jose (CA) is required.