Data Application Engineer
Do you have experience with managing an application, from the infrastructure side up to the functional application side? And would that application possibly be a big data application? Do you know what a deployment pipeline is? Are you a skilled communicator with team lead ambitions? Than this job is just what you are looking for!
The environment you will work on
For one of our Enterprise customers we manage their Splunk data platform from OS layer (Linux) up to the application layer, including data connectors and dashboards. The environment is set up HA and DR, in a clustered set-up consisting of 135 servers, 1,5 TB data per day, 200+ data connectors, 3000+ dashboards, 500+ users. We use Puppet for managing the environment, as well as smart monitoring, and a deployment pipeline with BitBucket.
- On a day to day basis you monitor the monitoring, ensuring that the environment is up and running and performing well. You do this with the support team that you manage, consisting of 2-4 technical engineers.
- If incidents occur, you take the lead in getting to the root cause as soon as possible in order to solve the incident with as little impact on the end users as possible.
- You and the team are responsible for building, deploying, maintaining and optimizing the infrastructure and application layer plus the data connectors, including life cycle management in release weekends, regular updates and upgrades during the week, or project based enhancements.
This is Itility
Itility is an IT Company working for innovative Enterprises. We are involved in all stages: strategy, design, execution and the run. With our I(o)T knowledge we help our customers with their digital transformation. We deal with private and public cloud projects, IT automation (infrastructure as code), application development, Big Data and IoT. We partner with our customers and learn from each other every day. Based on our vision, we start with building blocks to then use IT in a fully flexible manner. And we do it well, because our customer portfolio and team continue to grow. We are committed to the use of new technologies and innovative ideas.
This is what we offer
You will be given the opportunity to develop in the best way possible, under the personal guidance of a Senior Engineer or Architect.
In addition to a competitive salary, you will receive extras such as:
- training at the 2-year Itility Academy and external customised courses,
- additional performance-based variable pay,
- 26 days’ vacation time,
- expense allowance,
- laptop, telephone and eventually a company car or car allowance.
Who are you?
- you have at least 2 years of experience with technical application management.
- experience with Linux is a must.
- you have a good understanding of SQL.
- working knowledge of Puppet is a nice-to-have.
- you have team lead ambitions.
- you are a teamplayer and you have excellent communication skills.
At a minimum you are a technical application manager with a couple of years working experience. Ideally you have worked with data platforms from a technical point of view within an enterprise environment.
Laurens van Leuven