For one of its enterprise customers, Itility runs a virtual workplace service for SW developers in both US and Asia. The hybrid platform consists of both a private cloud, based on Cisco Hyperflex and Azure based public cloud; with a project running to migrate all users to the public cloud. The platforms and virtual workplaces are managed by a DevOps team that works conform agile principles. The team has an opportunity for a CI/CD engineer that will take part in both operational tasks, continuous improvements and larger migration projects.
What you’ll do
- Manage the configuration management tooling of the virtual workplaces
- Manage, develop and upgrade the SDK scripting of our automation for the virtual workplaces
- Be involved in day to day operations of the service and its team
- Help implement the next generation of the virtual workplace images and operating systems
- Join the migration project from private to public cloud infrastructure
- Develop and expand our pipelines in cloud environments
- Experiment with new tooling for infrastructure-as-code
- Bachelor of science / masters’ degree
- Two to five years of relevant work experience
- Experience with configuration management, preferably Puppet
- Experience with code version control, preferably Git
- Experience with application packaging, preferably NuGet
- Experience/familiarity with Bash and PowerShell scripting, IaC, Terraform and Packer
- Experience/familiarity with public cloud platforms with a clear preference for with Azure (DevOps)
- Experience with basic operating system management (Windows 10, RedHat 7+)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
At Itility we believe in merging technology and data to drive our customers one step beyond. Itility digital consultants are experts in data, cloud, software, and IT public/private infrastructure.
Our culture can be described as ‘no-nonsense, with passion’. Working at Itility is about working with people, staying close to our customers.
We work for large enterprises and innovative start-ups. Acting as the ‘digital twin’ of customers, we work shoulder-to-shoulder to exceed business goals and push the boundaries of what you thought was possible.
Do you like to go above and beyond? Do you want to work with passion for what you do, in a team of people fueled by the same passion?
Then we would love to meet you!
You believe in
- ‘Everything as code’
- Automating recurring tasks to create time for innovation and new initiatives
- Communicating 1:1 with our customers, both SW engineers and management creates efficiency and trust
- Building a stable service through immutable infrastructure, functional monitoring
The DevOps teams works closely together and report to both customer management and the Itility Product
Owner and Service Owner, works in close harmony with team members and interfaces with the standing IT organization. Candidates need to be located in the Bay Area. Candidates for this position need to be authorized to work in the U.S. (no sponsorship will be provided).
San Jose, CA
Find (y)our passion
San Jose, CA