Itility is responsible for the daily operations of an infrastructure platform (FlexPod) for one of our key customers. We are looking for an engineer to execute the daily Run operations for this team. The engineer will be responsible for the support of the FlexPod stack.
We need your expertise
The candidate has a hands-on mindset, a strong customer- and problem solving orientation, shows fast results, and has demonstrated good communication skills, especially in an international IT organization. Activities include:
- Intake / analysis of applications for migration
- Creation or update of migration run books
- Migration of VMware instances to the new platform
- Creation of storage disks, virtual storage devices
- Reconfiguration of servers, including storage & network
At Itility we believe in merging technology and data to drive our customers one step beyond. Itility digital consultants are experts in data, cloud, software, and IT infrastructure.
Our culture can be described as ‘no-nonsense, with passion’. Working at Itility is about working with people, staying close to our customers.
We work for large enterprises and innovative startups. Acting as the ‘digital twin’ of customers, we work shoulder-to-shoulder to exceed business goals and push the boundaries of what you thought was possible.
Do you like to go above and beyond? Do you want to work with passion for what you do, in a team of people fueled by the same passion?
Then we would love to meet you!
You believe in
Our preferred candidate is well-acquainted with IT infrastructure and (Azure) Cloud in a broad sense. Additional requirements include:
- Bachelor of Science / Master degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience within an enterprise environment
- Interest in the DevOps ways of working, using pipelines and infra-as-code
- Advanced knowledge of UNIX / Linux environments
- Advanced knowledge of RHEL 6 & 7
- Advanced knowledge of VMWare 5 & 6; VCAP5-DCD, VCDX5-DCV preferred
- Advanced knowledge of the FlexPod stack
- Basic knowledge of ScaleIO, Citrix XenServer, XenDesk and NetApp storage solutions on UCS
- Experience as an engineer in Global IT support organizations, running stand-by shifts and working change weekends
- Strong communication skills
- Good documenting capabilities
- Willingness to travel to The Netherlands if required for training or project work
- A skilled administrator, this candidate has a hands-on mindset, is able to show fast results
San Jose, CA