For one of her enterprise customers, Itility is responsible for a project to migrate a number of applications to infrastructure in a new datacenter. Itility is responsible for a new IT production environment based on a FlexPod design (Cisco). This FlexPod includes Cisco UCS, Netapp storage and VMware virtualization. In this phase Itility is searching for an engineer focused on the migration, as well as on delivering multiple projects requiring Linux knowledge in a broad sense.
- Bachelor of science / Master degree
- Minimal 3-5 years of relevant work experience within an enterprise environment
- Advanced knowledge of Linux environments; RHCE or similar preferred
- Experience with Linux deployment and (configuration) management systems: e.g. Red Hat Satellite manager, Kickstart
- Experience with VMware 5 and 6 preferred
- Experience with NetApp FAS storage solutions preferred
- Experience with databases (MSSQL, Oracle) preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good documenting capabilities (to be proven by set of reference documents)
- Work in shifts outside office hours (evening & weekend day-time)
- Intake / analysis of applications for migration
- Creation or update of migration run books
- Migration of VMware instances to the new platform
- Creation of storage disks, virtual storage devices
- Reconfiguration of servers, including storage & network
Reports to the Itility project manager, works in close harmony with team members and has interfaces with the standing IT organization.
Location of work
Primarily based out of San Jose (CA) and San Diego (CA).